How do you know your ESD Flooring is working?
The purpose of ESD protective flooring is to aid in the prevention of damage to ESD sensitive items (ESDS) and assemblies from electrostatic discharge.
ESD protected area products should be tested:
- Prior to installation to qualify product for listing in user’s ESD control plan.
- During initial installation.
- For periodic checks of installed products as part of IEC 61340-5-1 Edition 1 2007-08 clause 5.2.3 Compliance verification plan.
Testing the flooring in an ESD protected area
When floors get dirty, their floor resistance can increase. Therefore it is recommended to check ESD flooring regularly using a resistance checker. Vermason Surface Resistance Meters are designed to measure resistance point-to-point (Rp-p) or surface to ground (Rg) in accordance with EN 61340-5-1 Electrostatics and its test method IEC 61340-2-3.
Overview of available Surface Resistance Testers from Vermason:
- Surface Resistivity Checker: 225717 and 225718
- Analogue Surface Resistance Meter: 222637 and 222635
- Surface Resistance Meter: 222643 and 222642
- Low Resistance Tester: 222645